a blog for someone who cannot shut up....

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Thanks, Scarlett

First off, make no mistake about it: I really like Scarlett Johansson. Lost in Translation was a great film, and she was a big part of it. However, I cannot pass up the opportunity to laugh at her. In the recent Summer Double-Issue of Entertainment Weekly, where they offer their list of "Must see" people and things, they do a page on her as "Must Workaholic". I guess she is spending alot of time on the set these days. Perhaps she just can't shake her "dumb blonde" character from The Island, or maybe this passes for serious reflection on her part:

"When I was a freshman in high school, I thought I had other things I wanted to do, like anthropology, or silly things like botany or opening a bakery. But now I can't imagine not being an actor."

Yes, thats right. Evaluating ancient cultures, or perhaps the plant life on planet Earth is silly, just like baking bread and selling it. Silly, silly baker-man. Silly botanist. Keep busy with your trivial pursuits....while I do really important things like star in movies opposite Josh Hartnett.

1 comment:

Pynchon said...

Hey, don't go dissing Josh Harnett...