a blog for someone who cannot shut up....

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The 4400

If I recommend a television show, you can rest assured that it has some redeeming value. I'd like to think of myself as a tough critic. So, go ahead and rent Season 1 Disc 1 of The 4400

It reeks of an attempt to mimic The X-Files, but there are worse things. Once you get past some of the sappy dialogue and realize the actors are doing a great job of delivering a solid vision through their efforts to carry out the storyline....you kind of buy in. I got it through Netflix.

UPDATE #1
I am now 3 more episodes into the story...and am hooked on this show. The different subplots within the overall story mesh well together, and the challenges encountered by the main characters only serve to cement the bonds between them and the viewer. Highly recommended.

No comments: