a blog for someone who cannot shut up....

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Obi-Wan's Big Entrance

Watched some Return of the Jedi again tonight....because HBO is shoving it down my throat. I got something out of it though, in this case a good chuckle after noticing something I never noticed before. I was wondering about Obi-Wan and his ability to use the Force to communicate with Luke Skywalker even though Kenobi is dead. When Luke is visiting Yoda and Obi-Wan appears, he appears 25 feet away and sort of walks into the scene as if he is returning from a nice walk around the block. If he is so powerful, why can't he just materialize on a swamp log, right next to Luke? Its almost as if that is too easy, and he enjoys materializing a few feet away so he can make a big show of it.

I'm not sure, but I had a good laugh either way.

No comments: